Thursday, January 3, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - The Favourite


Have you ever been to the movies before really knowing much about the film, had watched the trailer or read much about it? Well that was me today at The Favourite.

I was mind blown by the performances and Emma Stone finally redeemed herself after that woeful film Aloha.

The Favourite features Stone, Olivia Colman and Rachel Weisz in this period bedroom hoping drama.



Apparently it's not very historically accurate however the story is interesting all the same. Queen Anne is outrageous, the language is wild and does deserve the MA rated it's been given in Australia and the costumes are fab.

The Favourite is another Australian Boxing Day film, it is up there with Aquaman on different levels, I loved this film and laughed and was on the edge of my seat towards the end. Maybe cause I needed to pee after drinking too much Kombucha.

Either way this was a grand end of the year/start to the year film.

The Favourite is my favourite film this week, 4 Stars.

No comments: