Monday, January 28, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Mary Queen of Scots


Ok with The Favourite I said I didn't like period films, however that film shocked me and was brilliant, Mary Queen of Scots is the kind of film that makes me dislike period pieces.

Poor Margot Robbie had a good run prior to this, I, Tonya was terrific, I even liked Suicide Squad and hope the Harley Quinn spin off happens.



So I liked Saoirse Ronan in Lady Bird however as the main role in this deadly boring (towards the end) royal romp, Saoirse deserves better roles moving forward.

Ismael Cruz Córdova plays a heartbreaking role and one of the most intense and only interesting parts of the film.

It's hard to release two films so close to each around the Royals.

It's not a long film, however the last leg of the film is horribly drawn out along with the scene with no historical accuracy, the two queens meeting through loads of sheets/washing being hung up!

Guy Pearce was the other Aussie in the mix for this Royal film which I believe will struggle to make it's budget back.

Mary Queen of Scots is a bit of a snooze fest, I'll pass it for Margot and Soirse trying, however it's just not great, maybe check out The Favourite or something else, 2.5 Stars.

No comments: