Monday, January 21, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Glass


My first offical film release of 2019, past films Instant Family, The Favourite and A Star is Born were all released in 2018, so it's great for my first film release for the new year.

Glass is the follow up to both Unbreakable and Split, all falling under the Eastrail 177 Trilogy, Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson and James McAvoy all come together for this great film.

Sarah Paulson is also wonderful as Dr Ellie Staple, I love Sarah in all her Ryan Murphy TV appearances, so it was great to see her up there on the big screen!



Glass has a lot going on, James McAvoy alone slays with 23 different personalities.

I was told the last 40 minutes of this film was batshit crazy, however I really enjoyed the entire ride.

I almost forget everything about Unbreakable where this whole film started, released in 2000 and with the number of films I see it's no wonder I forgot some plot points.

From Animal Kingdom and the original film Spencer Treat Clark has really done well from the original film. From a gay surfie in Animal Kingdom this is a totally different role for the 31 year old actor from LA.

Glass is a great watch, well made and with enough twists and turns to keep you in the moment for the entire run time.

Glass is a solid 3.5 Star film, great job M.Night Shyamalan.

No comments: