Saturday, June 26, 2021

June TV Finales - Clarice - Season One

I have to be honest, I wanted to like Clarice, however in the end this was a punish to watch. Like other CBS series I have tired to watch this just turned out like every other crime drama police procedural television series. Just adding in a bit of psychological/horror elements to the mix. 

Based on the best-selling novel The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. The series stars Rebecca Breeds as Clarice, along with Lucca De Oliveira, Devyn A. Tyler, Kal Penn, Nick Sandow, Michael Cudlitz, and Marnee Carpenter. 

The series commenced its 13 episode run mid February in Australian on Stan. Sadly the show aired infrequently, has an appalling 36% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes while also not being as good a show as Hannibal.


You can read a full recap on the series HERE (I'm spoiler free, here) cause really I ended up playing on my phone for almost the entire episode.

Whilst I enjoyed seeing Rebecca Breeds the Australian lead get a major role, the show was really just not that good.  If this show gets a second season, it would be a massive miracle. Like Evil and other CBS original Seal Team the show may appear in the future on Paramount+. This is also where the new Dexter will land in coming months.

No comments: