Thursday, June 3, 2021

Return to Cinema 2021 - A Quiet Place Part II

A Quiet Place Part II is for me the same as Spiral, just a vessel to keep a franchise alive.

The sequel to the 2018 film A Quiet Place, had its world premiere in New York City on March 8, 2020 whilst being set to open the weekend the movies closed last year. The film has had a long path to the cinemas.


We continue to follow a family that is forced to navigate and survive in a post-apocalyptic world inhabited by blind monsters with an acute sense of hearing. Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, and Noah Jupe return whilst Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou join and John Krasinski returns in a flashback sequence set before the first film.

Whilst parts of the movie annoyed me (the ending in particular), the pacing was rather slow in parts and the non talking started to shit me after a while.

I think the anticipation and long wait between features left us (the audience) expecting a lot. For some it delivered, for me it didn't.

I did have a few jump scares however seeing the films trailer for many months I felt like a lot of the main plot points were revealed early on with little being resolved by the end credits.

A Quiet Place Part II felt more like a set up of this franchise continuing with Part III almost certainly coming while apparently a spin off is also in the works.

No comments: