Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Winter Watchlist Warmers - Bupkis - Season One

Bupkis was not really on my radar to binge hardcore. However this comedy that dropped a little while back on Binge (in Australia), Peacock in the USA, was addictive AF!

The first episode was like whoa!

Last month, the series was renewed for a second season. 

Bupkis is described as a heightened fictionalised version of Pete Davidson's life. In episode eight, season one's finale, Show Me the Way, Pete goes to rehab and finds himself unable to avoid misadventures as his old friend Machine Gun Kelly shows up intent on getting him high. Meanwhile Pete's sister, Casey, is set to graduate without him there.

Of course one of the big draw cards here is Nurse Jackie AKA Edie Falco plays Davidson's mother, while Joe Pesci was added to the cast as Davidson's grandfather. This is Pesci's first time starring in a television series in 37 years.

I'm looking forward to seeing the second season, following how easy this first season was to watch.


If you have Binge, this is one hell of a ride. Falco has a real tough run in episode one. I feel that scene will stay with me for a while. I have a feeling this one scene was largely the reason the series is rated R!

Davidson is an interesting guy. He dated Ariana, he has had mental health struggles, he apparently has a huge penis. All of this is covered, made fun of, while focusing on his celebrity status.

It's an interesting idea for a series. Davidson is interesting. Let's hope the writers strike doesn't delay the second season too much.... That said I still have a pile of things to catch up. On Binge I am currently working through all my thirty minute series, whilst Disney+ I am cracking on. Expect a piece of Class of 09 soon.

Till then!

No comments: