Sunday, July 23, 2023

Winter Watchlist Warmers - The Ex-Wife - Miniseries

It's almost time for my trip to the USA, so before that one more Winter Watchlist Warmers for a recent UK miniseries.

The Ex-Wife is another little discover on Paramount+. Based on Jess Ryder's book of the same name the series aired last October. So in my prime time of catching up on missed series. Let's get into The Ex-Wife.

Starring Céline Buckens, Tom Mison, Janet Montgomery, Jordan Stephens, Clare Foster, Adam Drew and Sam Hoare. 

The miniseries is an easy, breezy watch of only four episodes. Fun fact,  the book was adapted to TV by Downton Abbey's Catherine Steadman.

The Ex-Wife follows a young woman, Tasha (Buckens) who is married to middle-aged Jack (Mison). Their marriage appears happy, but Tasha is haunted by Jack's ex-wife, Jen (Montgomery). 

However, as the plot unfolds, the true villain appears not to be Jen. Also the drama/action really gets dialled up to eleven as the series gets to a close.

There is also that moment before the end credits, you just knew was coming!


Usually I am not that great at keeping up on my UK dramas, however all these recent Channel Ten co-pro's Riptide and North Shore, my interest has peeked.

So as we approach the end of 2023 (or at least the new financial year) with all my US network series M.I.A (for now) I feel I may have a little more time to catch up on some recent/upcoming UK series.

For now it's almost time to say goodbye to Riverdale, Nancy Drew, Secret Invasion and The Righteous Gemstones. So stay tuned for those soon. I have a feeling my RATED list for the Winter Watchlist Warmers may be off the chart, this season!

No comments: