Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fool for Love (amongst other things!)

So another night at the theatre, well actually my return to the theatre after a trip away and yes another to come this weekend.

So this looked exactly like Killer Joe at the Downstairs theatre and that's not a bad thing as that was a damn awesome set and play.

This play did however rely heavily on only two characters for a large part of the play and both were not really attractive which did at times hurt my eyes and also annoy me (as my nose was running and I was feeeling a little ill).

So anyway the play was a demented love story about a weird love story (also helped out by song @ the rear of the theatre by the dad (?) playing the guitar and moaning lyrics) about a brother and sister USA hook up. Only in the USA would brothers and sisters hook up!

So the play was good, nice and easy to follow but a little long in parts. A good play is a short play and straight to the point and I think there could have been a few things cut out of this baby to make it a short, sweet effort. None the less it still rates a healthy 3 loved up stars

No comments: