Monday, October 4, 2010

Night Markets & A Thai Indian Drag Show WTF???

After a long afternoon @ the beach with lot's of random shopping and services, we headed off to the local night markets with the owners of the hotel/units we are staying at.

It was great to go with a local as you got a great price on your shopping items. I got some fab new knickers (aka smalls - one size fits all apparently here in the land of Thai) and a top kick ass T-Shirt for around $4.

I then headed off to the Venue a little cabaret bar where they host the longest drag shows in the history of drag shows. The show featured one great track with 4 back up dancers and two lady boys doing an Indian themed dance and song. Very amazing, great dancing and fusion of two very different cultures.

My morning today started off as usual with a walk around my local area. Locals now recognise me and bow and nod and some say hello or hello my darling depending on the stretch of the beach.

I have just finished off my fourth or fifth massage where the owner has showered me in gifts by giving me a number of good luck charms. Let's just hope they work LOL.

So today it is Ripley's Believe it or not in Pattaya and then some light shopping. I think I need new shoes. Then we will see where the night takes me. I must say my sleeping over here has been amazing, no stress, no worries just 8 hours of pure bliss sleep next to the beach.

Until next time ciao bitches

1 comment:

Mishella said...

Awwwww looks like you're having a fabo trip!!! LOVE that the locals know you!! Course they do!!
You will be very pleased to know That I too, have 'been to BangCOCK'
Whoopa!!!!!
Can't wait to see your gorgeous face!
xxx