Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Believe You Liar - Nomination for my BLOG's inaugural Album of the year - 2010

So I Believe You Liar released 30 July 2010, debuting at #3 on the Australian Albums Chart is my fourth and possibly final nomination in my BLOG's inaugural Album of the year for the year 2010.

It has been a good year for music but mainly again for the ladies (SIA, Eliza Doolittle, Julia Stone & Lady Gaga continues to rip it up and suck!) and an even better year for Australian music, namely SIA, Angus & Julia Stone, John Butler Trio and now Washington.

The songs from the album that instantly grabbed my attention are the singles mainly and the various album tracks listed below:

"1997"
"Navy Blues"
"Cement"
"Rich Kids"
"Sunday Best" - STANDOUT (plus a very camp and FAB video)
"Clementine"
"The Hardest Part"
"How to Tame Lions"

Having 8 solid songs on the CD is a massive triumph as far as I am concerned the CD is a great intelligent pop CD that makes Lady Gaga's and Pink's most recent offerings look unintelligent and lame in comparision.

This album is a perfect pop find and I am very proud to add this to my list of the best albums of 2010. Well done Washington and I Believe you Liar, my latest and maybe last nomination for my BLOG's album of the year.

Winner announced later this year.

No comments: