Sunday, August 7, 2011

Saltimbanco - Cirque du Soleil - ACER Arena

Now Playing until - August 14, 2011

So I saw my first Cirque show years ago under a tent how a circus should be, so does a circus type show work at a large venue which feels like your in an aircraft hanger? Well simply and easily, no.

ACER Arena does at the best of time lack atmosphere and after sitting front row for my last Cirque show Drallion in a great tent, sitting on a second elevation direct to the stage felt a little distant from all the action.

The show itself also felt a little old hat after seeing a show before and also seeing (what I believe a much better show) the Moscow Circus countless times. There seemed to be a lot of filler and not much killer content. Their was a bike rider who was great, but most of the acts we have seen it all before and it didn't feel like as an audience you were experiencing anything new.

It didn't help that the venue was almost at only 40% capacity.

I would have to mark this one down as I think in a tent and it's usual Cirque set up it would have been a lot more engaging and not so lost in a massive almost empty space.

Saltimbanco rates 2 stars.

No comments: