Wednesday, February 6, 2013

TV Tonight - Wed 6 Feb 2013


It's the eve after the new series of Smash launched it's 2nd series and The Following is already killing it (literally), Girls the 2nd series is just divine, funny and real and Revenge is feeling awfully stale.



I have been accused of being a complete TV nerd who is watching too much
and when I only have a few weeks before running off on another holiday night times are to be spent in to save cash for some bargain US shopping.

So back to TV and my personal current highlights and going local first Next Stop Hollywood is so divine with Aussie Hopefuls doing the pilot auditions in the land of TV, this is a little bit of fun and shows the ugly side of acting and trying to get that break after hearing, no, and no and another no time and time again.

American (mainly there slightly alternate channels HBO & Showtime) are
really killing it, the sixth season of Californication is just too much, it's a scream an episode, it's funny, wrong and makes the fuss about Movie 43 a complete waste of time and ink. Showtime favourite the US version of Shamesless is just awesome, it's no wonder a fourth season has already been
greenlit.



The laughs on Showtime continue on HBO with that dreamy show Girls, this has been so terrific this season and I hate to think next week we are already half way through. Sad Face.

Revenge and Glee have had very hit and miss seasons and Arrow is coming out
a lot stronger as a male version of Revenge and with a comic book behind it.
The CW has done well with Arrow and later on I will try and catch the Carrie
Diaries when I have a spare moment.

I am also over the moon that the male form is on show again in Spartacus which I just love, all that muscle, fake tan and waxing, man oh man.

So what are my dream picks on TV at present:

Locally:

ABC -
The Return of Q&A
NEXT STEP HOLLYWOOD

USA:

GIRLS - season 2
SHAMELESS - season 3
CALIFORNICATION - season 6
THE FOLLOWING - season 1


SPARTACUS - season 3 (? weird I think it's actually the fourth but they are in some weird ass order)
This weekend it will be blogging LIVE from the sunny Gold Coast so join me as I get my Wet n Wild on.

No comments: