Saturday, March 9, 2013

USA Today - Fri 8 March 2013


Well hello and farewell from the Andaz San Diego property, this hotel has clearly been my favourite with an awesome rooftop pool (unfortunately it's been to cold to use though) and a great gym, plus a double shower in our room.

So today it's off to the sunny and lovely Honolulu so a full update and report from the Trump Towers tomorrow and then it's back off to Sydney town.

It's been a great holiday thus far and as my BLOG has turned into a travel BLOG for this very holiday yesterday was a bumper travel day, I did not one but two countries in one day, how is this possible you ask. Well San Diego being so close to the Mexican border it's a simple trolley ride around (around 30 minutes using a $7 all day travel pass) and a walk through a turnstile.

Same it wasn't as easy coming back into the USA (save that story for another entry) but yes Tijuana, Mexico, I can tick you off my travel box and man was I scared. We went from the semi safe and secure US to witnessing an arrest on the street for a street fight and young children trying to sell us stuff for one Peso.  Very sad, I thought the poverty in the US was bad, this was indescribable.

Now when I saw the poverty in the US is bad I know you think Hollywood, Gossip Girl and it's an all Starbucks Latte sipping, Banana Republic wearing place of freedom and dreams coming, WRONG, each city we have been in the homeless levels are huge, from town to town we drove through cardboard signs give stories of sadness, loss and job losses.  The US clearly has a lot of issues (the number of gun shows is high on the list but again for another day) and with a CNN survey saying 15% of the country is happy with the latest Government, Australia be grateful we are run the way we are.

Okay so off stats and back to travel I can say I have done Mexico and I am in no way in a rush to head back, I can say I visited San Diego Zoo and truly Taronga Zoo, guys you do a great job we do have the best Zoo in the World.

I can also say I have had a crack at the local travel system from trolleys to buses done and dusted.  We have done the local area and I have to say San Diego is my favourite city of the three (major) ones we have done this break.  Las Vegas is a close second with that place being an amazing adult vacation spot.

Now that's really it for a long winded entry today. I will hopefully have some San Diego/Mexico (limited images due to fear of losing a camera, an arm, my life) photos to BLOG about tomorrow so if you want to see more of my bad West Hollywood haircut by a stoned lady who said Prince was her baby daddy many times making me wonder did Prince actually fuck you or not? Random.

Anyway see you on the flip side.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first thing they cleared with me was that I wouldn't receive any calls to my personal phone number. His doing this is a very basic kind of commitment for him, an important step on the road to a lifetime commitment. Furthermore, rather than seeming to obsess about the relationship, NLAs appear aloof and unconcerned.

Feel free to visit my homepage Telefonsex