Tuesday, March 5, 2013

USA Today - Mon 4 March 2013


It's a new week and we are lapping up all West Hollywood has to offer, yesterday the shopping and sights of Glendale and then possibly the worst ever WalMart, seriously what a sight, there was stuff everywhere and people saying all whack kinda things, so much Walmart love.

Then it was time to chill with one of the most expensive but relaxing Thai Massages I have ever had, I guess this is unique for the US.

Then it was off to my favourite dining destination when in the US, TGI Fridays, LOL such a big meal my stomach still kills.

So stop two in my USA Today journey is almost done and it has to be said I am a little troubled by the poverty not just in LA but Vegas and abroad, it seems America has a real gap between the rich (Kanye West) and the poor (the servers at Denny's) the poor work hard for tips of horrid patrons and the rich just get richer, it's kinda sad the land of dreams and hopes doesn't seem to have many dreams being made (unless you call waiting tables at Outback Steakhouse a dream) or hope being created.

Anyway off my high horse and onto music cause it's kinda that time of the week I reflect on the biggest TUNES of the last week and here they are:

20 - Porter Robinson - Language



19 - Disclosure - White Noise {Feat. Aluna George}



18 - Rudimental - Not Giving In {Feat. John Newman & Alex Clare}
17 - Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait 
16 - Flume - On Top {Feat. T-Shirt}
15 - Flux Pavillion/Childish Gambino - Do or Die
14 - Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child
13 - Of Monsters & Men - Mountain Sound
12 - Calvin Harris/Tinie Tempah - Drinking from the Bottle
11 - Icona Pop - I Love it!
10 - Of Monsters & Men - Little Talks
9 - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Thrift Shop 


8 - Ed Sheeran - Small Bump



7 - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us {Feat. Ray Dalton}
6 - The Lumineers - Ho Hey
5 - Flume - Holdin On'
4 - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Same Love
3 - Birds of Tokyo - Lanterns
2 - Avicii & Nicky Romero - I Could be the One
1 - Baauer - Harlem Shake

Musically in the US I have to say we are ahead of the times with the radio on the drive from Las Vegas to LA having a common theme, a love of Bruno Mars and frankly if I hear "Locked out of Heaven" one more time I may put a blade in someones liver.

It seems my man Kendrick Lemar is popular which is good to see and other than that it's all Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Britney + William. Lame.

So that's it for today's wrap up, hopefully some LA/West Hollywood images coming direct to you soon and no sign of any celebrities yet :(

Okay on that note peace out from West Hollywood......

No comments: