Friday, April 25, 2014

Another Long Weekend, another Aussie series to fill the time


After last week completing the very predictable and formula driven Underbelly model "Fat Tony & Co" this weekend I have given Channel 9's other new Aussie drama "Love Child" a crack. It has a great cast with two handsome Aussie Ryan's cast, Ryan Corr & Ryan Johnson. Not too mention the better looking LaPalgia brother.

The show is a different period drama that looks at adoption, free love and includes Australia's involvement in the Vietnam war.

I must say I am slightly hooked and super happy with the 8 episode format. There really is no need or place for anymore than 13 episodes in a series in 2014. Look at Revenge by episode 10 in each and every series it always loses its way.

I must say with Secrets & Lies about to be re-done in the USA, Love Child receiving at least 1 million viewers per episode and Puberty Blues getting great reviews it looks like there is hope for Aussie Drama. Janet King has also been well received which is amazing considering it came as a spin off from the under archiving Crownies.

Not sure what Aussie drama I will devote my June Long Weekend too, but with a lot of choice around I might give Janet King a shot.

No comments: