Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - The Other Woman


I popped the trailer to this film in the BLOG entry where I rabbited on how many films I was keen for this weekend. As of right this second I archived a milestone, 4 films in four days. 2 today, nil yesterday and one Good Friday and Easter Saturday respectively. Not bad here.

Here is the post with the trailer. But I can officially say this was my favourite film of the Long Weekend. Oh it was good. I have not laughed out loud in a comedy at the cinemas so much since Bridesmaids (and that is going back a while).

The cast was outstanding, Diaz superb, Upton great, Leslie Mann annoyed the fuck out of me at the start but grew (and grew quickly on me), Minaj superbly cast as a dodgy assistant with that ASS and Gaga's main squeeze Taylor Kinney provided some chick flick eye candy.

I can't say this film was without flaws, David & Margaret said the over use of tunes was a bit much, yes true but this film did what a movie must do, loose you in the story and create characters you really engage with.

It's running time almost pissed me off but it really did well to wrap everything up and it did well to pace it's laughs.

I can't recommend this film enough, yes it's mainly for the gays and the ladies out there but really I could even see my father taking a bit out of this and having a wee laugh. At his age a wee laugh could also lead to some piss which at times I thought some of the ladies in this packed session may have also experienced.

The Other Woman is a chick flick that delivers laughs, fun and camp outfits (mainly from Minaj). It also scores my film of the long weekend and a very fine 4.5 don't mess with a woman scorned ninja stars.

No comments: