Saturday, May 17, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Godzilla (2014 film - 2D Version)


Why make another version of Godzilla when it feels like only yesterday "Deeper Underground" was a hit song on the radio from the soundtrack by the one and the only Jamiroquai. Yes 1998 was a different year, this soundtrack featured bands who were massive back in the late 90's Silverchair, Ben Folds Five, Rage against the Machine & more. So in 2014 with no new music as a promotional tool how does the film go?

Well not bad actually, and here is a taste.



Former Malcolm in the Middle Star and Breaking Bad anti hero Bryan Cranston leads the cast (in the first half) and his son Aaron Taylor-Johnson (who I did not recognise as Kick Ass) kills it in the second half.

The smartest of the three Olsen sisters also proves longevity might not be in her sisters blood but she is making all the right decisions. I see her and Taylor-Johnson are both cast in the upcoming big budget Avengers sequel.

I have to say when I originally months ago saw the trailer I thought I would give this a miss but when there is this and Chef on at present I went with Godzilla.

I am happy I took the plunge, and happy I also avoided the 3D money making version. There is no need for 3D with most of these big budget action films.

Look I hope to god though this is a standalone film and no sequels are coming because as far as monster films go this was all right. It was fun, well acted and well cast.

I have to say the action scenes were also well done and I found myself right in the action.

Godzilla a bit of fun for an Autumn outing, 3 Stars.

No comments: