Sunday, May 11, 2014

RE: A Weekend of US Tele movies {AUSSIE TELE MOVIES}


A little less than a year ago I had a weekend of US tele movies, this weekend I had my fair share of Aussie ones.

I started off watching in a few parts The Broken Shore with a great cast of Aussie folk who get their fair share of roles in this country. Don Hany stars as the main role and Claudia Karvan just pitches in for some solid support.



Noni Hazlehurst, Catherine McClements, Dan Wyllie & Robyn Nevin all stared too. It was a well cast and at times disturbing piece which really aligned itself with the Royal Commission against child abuse.

Next up was another crime and this time it was over to the commercial networks for The Killing Field with Australia's darling Rebecca Gibney.



Peter O'Brien co stars as well as Aussie Spartacus star Liam McIntyre.

I do love a murder mystery and Secrets & Lies did this so well recently, so it was very interesting to see how this was done. It's great to see Australian's taking a chance on drama and giving reality TV the good break it does well and truly deserve.

I just really want more drama's and Australian produced product like this to surface as clearly days of Australian Feature Films are well and truly over.

To a review on each, both were great in different ways and again I would love more of this drama on our screens and less reality on our screens. Speaking of which I vowed to dump negative posts but I did retrieve a good post on the Voice I discovered the other day, check it out here.

No comments: