Sunday, May 18, 2014

I predict a lot more protests in coming months


Working in a company where sales and spending habits are looked at only a daily basis it is interesting to see the difference one week can make. Last week (week commencing 5 May 2014) spending in this fine nation was at an all time high with Mothers Day 2014, now a week later with the 2014 budget delivered spending has dropped and people's attitudes towards spending have changed and tempers have flared.

So much so I have noticed a change in the Daily Telegraph and their general love of the liberal government. Calling Tony Abbott out on his broken promises and giving old Joe Hockey a run for his money.


Headlines like this are a far cry from:


It strikes me as I may have been right from day one, Mr Abbott would be popular for a small amount of time after the election he had in the bag after a large campaign run by News Limited but the love would simply fade like the old Black Eyed Peas hit.



It is a sad state of affairs this country is now in. We have been delivered an interesting (if anything budget), a media circus and a campaign of fear of doom and gloom. Are we a country in a huge mess, well actually no. Today I visited a display home in inner Sydney where I was told all studios and one bedroom units up to the price of $1,000,000 were completely sold out. This large new development had completely sold out of it's extensive range of housing options priced only for people living in a country where it's financial situation is a long shot away from the disastrous position a lot of local media are reporting.

Australia is a lucky country but if we think heading to an American solution of health cover and university fees are the way to go we may as well follow their lead and sell guns in K-Mart.

I walked past a small group of protesters in the city today and I have a feeling this is only the start of things to come. The way the Abbott government have this country moving we will be back in the 1950's with a very Howard government American feel.

I am all for America to visit, I couldn't stand living there unless I was fucking rich and knew if I got sick my credit card limit could cover me and I lived in an area where dogs unnumbered dogs. And actually an area where Christians also had a small presence, after seeing the reaction to the recent NFL draft I think being gay in such a god adoring country would be scary as all fuck.

So Australia will protests become a feature on the nightly news more frequently in 2014? Yes I do believe so with social alliances raiding Q&A and then Sydney Uni, I can see Christopher Pyne saying this word a lot more frequently in parliament and in front of Bronwyn Bishop, how rude!

No comments: