Monday, July 7, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Edge of Tomorrow


So unlike Jersey Boys this film actually surprised me, cause from the trailer I thought, oh another sic-fi action flick, boring - but was I wrong!



Emily Blunt and Tom Cruise are wonderful together and Tom Cruise is (again) actually quite sexy. For a 52 year old man he is a little bit of an alright.

Anyway the film, the action scenes are wonderfully done, the edge of your seat finale is terrific and the cast (including a couple of Aussies - Kick Curry (remember Garage Days?) & Noah Taylor) are all wonderful.

I think this is the most fun I have had at the cinema in a while. Whilst Transformers 4 was stupider than our delightful PM, this was fun (slightly repetitive, however less than the trailer implies) and I actually cared about the ending.

Edge of Tomorrow whilst being out for a few weeks still managed to pack them into tonights session with a close to full medium cinema compared to Jersey Boys opening weekend medium cinema with no more than 20 in the session.

This is perfect for High School, School Holiday fun.

Edge of Tomorrow is a cut above the other action films of late, 4 Stars.

No comments: