Saturday, June 13, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


Finally a failure on Reese Witherspoon's Pacific Standard company. HOT PURSUIT is a red HOT mess. The trailer makes it look bearable and quite funny, however when the best bits are in the trailer and after a few views you realise actually this is a bit shit, I should have saved my $10 admission fee.


That said, I have a lot of respect for Reese, not so much much for Sofia Vergara, her racial stereotype wore thin about 5 minutes into the 87 minute road comedy.

The heaven sent thing for this film is it doesn't over stay it's welcome. After the brilliant Wild and producing role on Gone Girl it was a bit of a shock to me that Reese would star in a critically panned and barely successful box office film.

Reese should stay picky and leave these silly films for up and coming actresses as Reese has reinvented herself and set herself and business partner up with Pacific Standard and I do expect more from her going forward.

Unfortunately this like Aloha is largely forgettable and taking a fab Mark Ronson cut and editing the shit out of Mystikal's rap, not cool ladies.

So being fair cause I like Reese and it does have it's moments despite them all being in the trailer (spoiler alert if you hit play above) this film was a lot more bearable than Aloha, 2 Stars.

No comments: