Thursday, June 18, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


So it was finally time to see the massive blockbuster JURASSIC WORLD. 22 Years after Jurassic Park hit the screens and 14 years since Jurassic Park III last got a cinema release it's time to embrace Raptors all over again.



So you've seen the trailers, read the hype, heard how much the film has done at the box office and now it was time for me to see the crazy woman in the tight white dress running around the Park/World in high heels.

Yes there are silly moments but when Chris Pratt nails it with the Raptors, he really nails it. Bryce Dallas Howard as mentioned above in the high heels is terrible as the two boys Aunty and Park's operations manager and the two boys are equally as irritating.

Human wise it's literally all about Chris Pratt. This boy is on fire, first the surprise break out hit of Guardians of the Galaxy and now this, and clearly a sequel is well on the way.

Look if it wasn't for special effects and new dinosaurs being added and the whole human/raptor experience, there is nothing new here, I would just say move along. However there is some nostalgia in me when I think of this film series. I think of the old Kincumber cinema which I am sure is no longer still there and I think of a childhood blessed with good memories.

It's not an amazing film nor as impressive as Mad Max - Fury Road but I enjoyed it, hell I would even see it again at the cinema with the fucking horse shit being hurled our way the coming weeks in the lead up/period during School Holidays.

So on a generous (and some what nostalgic) moment I give this 3 mega fast Raptors running a muck at the new and improved Jurassic World complex.

No comments: