Friday, June 12, 2015

Is it cool if I say I am a Kiwi whilst travelling?


Australians have become some fucking embarrassing whilst OS, whether it be Anzac Day style behaviour of drinking yourself into oblivion and abusing anyone in sight or just being a loud mouth wanker.

Australians also forgot that other countries have traditions and values other than just drinking 10 beers over breakfast. It doesn't help when we have the worlds most uninspiring leaders in our country. From Tony ahhh, mmmm, hmmm, Nope Nope Nope Abbott to Bill not just Shorten on words and action but just plain boring. Is it too much to ask for an inspiring leader who can speak to masses of people and address all walks of life? Maybe without offending large numbers of people like Joe Hockey does every time he speaks about a serious issue?

So on a recent trip to Singapore I encountered a work junket for a motoring company (yep they were bogans) and their partners. Fucking hell for the most part of the group it was concerning most of them seemed to be no strangers to the buffet both at breakfast and 24/7 by the looks of them. Swearing, being sleazy to female wait staff and just gross was all part in parcel of their breakfast performance whilst describing the night before and their alcohol consumption. And if you are wondering they were not teenagers they were all 40+.

Back in my teens I just to say fucking hell last night I smashed 6 VB's, a bottle of white wine and a couple of midori and lemonades. However this was 12 years ago, it's 2015 and most of these AHG workers (whoops did I just publish the company) were at least 40 (in the shade).

I hate being Australian with our poor record on immigration, human rights (basic human rights), lame stance on marriage equality, climate change action and our unnatural obsession this year with Anzac Day.

So from now on (like a lot of Americans say they are Canadians) I am now Kiwi. Despite the fact they also have a right wing conservative PM they are less vile on tour than us Aussie's, if I see another Bintang singlet (cotton under pressure most times) and hear an Aussie accent next time on holidays, I am going to break into the Haka.

No comments: