Saturday, July 18, 2015

Birthdays are Cruel


Dear one and all:

Birthdays are cruel, I really hate mine and people from time to time think that is really strange however this past week when I turned the ripe old age of 33 I realised why I hate my BDAY.

It started off average, boot camp and an early outdoors in the July Arctic Vortex was not what the door ordered. I have found this Winter particularly cunted, and with photos zipping in from Europe and abroad I am only hating Sydney life more.

That was the start then my Aunty called which I thought would just be the usual Happy Birthday Mate, yada yada yada, not it wasn't I later learned my Mother had broken her left leg and left arm, whilst spraining her right ankle. I am a total Mama's Boui (Surry Hills restaurant reference where they have the hottest bar boy in the WORLD, and I mean the World) and was heartbroken, thinking my mother was in all sorts of pain away from home and uncomfortable was almost too much.

This was fairly on in the day, the day got worse I felt I was coming down with something but I have to say a huge thanks to my lovely friends who got in contact with me:

Zangers
Geeks
Kitty
Sara @ Mariners
Aunty Karen
Nan & Pa
Mum & Dad
Ashley
Nicole
Belinda
Chu Chu

And some random businesses too, I love an eDM from a company wishing you a happy birthday. It's kinda sad I was so excited about these this year:

Outback Steakhouse
Bay Tinh
Boost Juice
Park Run
Cellarmasters

A massive thanks however to my lovely work neighbour Zangers you are da bomb, my work pals are also super sweet and I have the most lovely flowers, nowhere near as many flowers though than my Mother (she has almost sold out the Gosford Hospital Florist!) in her hospital room and the ones me and Dad brought back to their house.

Anyway as I sit here typing hoping my antibiotics kick in and my pity party to end I have to say a big FUCK YOU Birthdays you can be a cruel mother fucker some years.

No comments: