Tuesday, July 14, 2015

#I'mNotDavidNorMargaret, Film Reviews My Way 2015


MAGIC MIKE XXL

Oh where do I start, do I start with the fact that Childish Gambino (AKA Donald Glover) is a total babe and nails this role or do I start with the bad acting and the great dance/strip routines. Well I am going to gloss over a lot of this film, as the plot is largely glossed over and we get an all stripping, all six pack fest no sugar eating man O man feast. And very multicultural now with the addition of Gambino/Glover.
Look this won’t be everyone’s cup of tea (i.e. straight males and lesbians) however Channing Tatum is awesome. He can move, he is all American and handsome and then there is Alcide or Joe whatever his Italian surname is. Look this is a straight out popcorn film, sit back and think thank god school holidays is over and hello boys. I was asked by a mother of three if she should book a babysitter and drop everything and the answer is no but if you are a stay at home mum this might get you in a puddle so caution ladies.
The inclusion of Nine Inch Nails classic song Closer and Gambino rounds this very average film out to a 3 out of 5 flesh-a-ton.

No comments: