Saturday, May 21, 2016

Man Down... with Man Flu


Why the fuck does a running nose and a sore head bring us men to our knees, why does it interrupt our entire schedule.

As I write this and the Codral Day & Night (yes the original version) kick in my head spins, my eyes water and my nose. Don't start me.

I have an 88th family birthday to somehow get through and hope to god by Monday I am able to haul ass back into some form of working life.

Unfortunately for my Move this May campaign I am a little set back and my steps during the week in the lead up to being bowled over by snot, watering eyes and the feeling my head could explode at any moment my steps were average at best. However I did still manage 3 x 30 minute gym classes and I plan on just getting right back there in the saddle early to mid next week.

Why oh why every six or so weeks do I get struck down even with a bad gut or this fucking man flu???

I eat mostly healthy now, love the gym and find the idea of alcohol and ciggies at 33 just not an option?

Oh Man Flu, I feel for the people around me as sometimes my patience is just not there with this cloud hanging over my head and today could be one of those days.

Wish me luck as man flu has taken residence once again in my poor overcrowded head that this morning is thumping like a mother fucker.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you the best of luck with your Man Flu. It is awful how hard the flu hits when you get it. With all of the symptoms and not being able to do anything, it really takes up all of your time and destroys all of your plans. I hope you feel better and you can continue your fitness soon!