Thursday, May 26, 2016

So last night..


I saw Thailand Ladyboy Superstars. To say it was interesting was an understatement.

There was elements of drag, Thai culture, gay disco, cabaret and dance. It was a full hour one or two that was one of the most outrageous and camp things I have seen and also one of the most random things I've seen.

Don't get me wrong I see a lot of shit and this was far from the worst but honestly this is so super niche it's not funny. From wanna be drag queens to rice queens, I am not sure who outside this or the Sydney gay scene would be seeking out a camp night out like this.

There was a great article in The Guardian from the delicious Monica Tan the other day. Now I can hardly see Miranda Devine and the Daily Terrorgraph getting behind this. One it's too ethnic and two it's not held in the Western Suburbs. Because they are here for Sydney with the catch cry Were For Sydney. As long as you live out West, vote for the Liberal Party and think conservative columnists still have a place in this world.

So back to the show.

With music from Celine to K-Pop to Beyonce it was no Lemonade extravaganza (which I am currently watching - just brilliant, love the album, love the visuals) but still this show was a fun night out and honestly in 2016, if something can make you laugh and smile, it's a good thing in my books.

As I am now 83.5% better I may be moving the last few days in May and promise a more fitness focused June 2016.

No comments: