Saturday, November 5, 2016

Melbourne Cup, Halloween are OVER, what's next??


What a week it's been and there is a reason I ain't be posting, medical tests, working it, finally returning to the movies, catching up on my shows, heading back to the gym to complete 3 body balance classes and god only knows what else.

Man I love body balance, what a class, what a way to relax and think, use your body for good and just chill.

So the bogan fest that is Melbourne Cup is done and dusted. Yes I'm un-Australian but now the rest of the world thinks we are drunken fouls. Actually if you look at who we look to govern the country drunken fouls is a kind description.

Back in 2010 the fabulous Marieke Hardy wrote this piece about steering clear of the Cup and now more Australians are following in her delightful footsteps. The world has spoken according to the reliable News.com.au and we fir in with Hilary's basket of deplorables.

And speaking of Hilary and the USA when did Australia fall head of feet for Halloween, even in my inner city suburb houses were decorated like at Christmas time and kids got ready to get fat (fatter).

Is it just me getting old and hating the world or do we seem to celebrate the most moronic events in Australia nowadays?

I'm not big on Christmas nor Easter either but can't we celebrate and unite like young Vanessa Marian is currently doing out at Auburn? Something like this and contributing to our future and not just our present to me seems like a more fulfilling reason to celebrate. Maybe that's just me.

I do however want to celebrate the beyond brilliant Samantha Bee again this weekend, what a diva, so fab, here is another cut from this weeks episode.

No comments: