Tuesday, November 1, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


I finally returned to the cinema for a strange experience, it was, well.. DOCTOR STRANGE



After a long run of Marvel films and super hero films ahead of Doctor Strange we need something new, something different and well Benedict Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton sorta bring it. Swinton and Cumberbatch not two names I thought I would say with Marvel in the same sentence but here it is.

With Marvel now running out of big names to cast in their franchises it's an interesting experiment this Doctor Strange film, part Inception, part every other super hero film, this looks great but the story (particularly the beginning) is a bit WTF!

Will they even bother with a sequel to this film? Will this live up to other Marvel films that have come before it? Well maybe not but our next outing is not until 2017 with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Oh how will we cope till May 2017.

At least there is Iron Fist coming to Netflix in March 17, 2017 (otherwise known as St Patricks Day).

So is Doctor Strange any good? My last film The Girl on the Train was outstanding, this was far from outstanding but from having a few tests and a camera down my mouth and up my ass this was a far more exciting evening my day.

Cumberbatch, Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Swinton and Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal) lead a fab cast, but there is something missing or is it just we have seen this all before and honestly there are moments this films morphs into Inception Part Two.

I enjoyed this for the most part, but it isn't as great as Deadpool or as action packed as an Avengers film, so I'll give this one 2.75 Stars.

No comments: