Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Why on Earth don't I love Clean Bandit's latest track.


I usually reserve my musical shit for Flashing off the Record (where this week I am featuring Justice's record WOMAN) but I just finished watching the UK X Factor elimination episode and I REALLY want to love the latest Clean Bandit single ROCKABYE, number one in many countries, but not even close to my number one tune right now.

It has all the ingredients for a HIT single for me, Clean Bandit tick, Anne-Marie tick and a revival to even test Craig David's (more on him below) sensational return, Sean Paul.

But something for me just does not click. Anne-Marie is sensational and put it down on solo singles Do It Right and Alarm, whilst being a surprise guest on Illy's hit single Catch 22. I first heard her on Rudimental's amazing single Rumour Mill and it's been all love from me towards Anne-Marie.

And Sean Paul, where do I start. Back in 2003 I was busy getting busy and getting down to some Queen Bey with Baby Boy. Recently Sean Paul also rebreathed life into Sia's hit Cheap Thrills sending the single all the way to number one in the USA.

So why does this song not click with me? I think lyrically it is rather weird and I have to say Clean Bandit's best tracks have been with the sensational powerhouse otherwise known as Jess Glynne.

I am hoping for better tracks from all three of the these folks on this UK Number One but for now as above I can not get Craig David's new tracks of my iPod. I am obsessed with 16 and don't get me started with some of his amazing recently collaborations.


Craig David along with the Weeknd's latest hit record Starboy are two of my favourite recent releases as we gear up to head into a sexy Sydney Summer.

RELATED AUDIO











No comments: