Saturday, February 25, 2017

Bangkok x Almost Home Time


Yes that's right folks it's almost time to pack my bags for the fourth and final time as after four hotels, multiple taxi rides, a return ferry trip across into Indonesian waters, two international flights and two hotel transfers to and from ferry terminals.

Bangkok is as always a fantastic destination, however after my huge travel day you may have noted a break from the BLOG as I in general needed a break.

The heat (like a few weekends in Sydney and heatwave days) hit me like nobodies business. That oven like temperature you get as you exit the BTS or any large shopping destination. And shopping destination and large tourist traps are taking over the large land mass in downtown Bangkok, some of these centres are almost the size of Sydney suburbs like my very own Chippendale.

After now seeing a 4D Russian film (review to come) and IMAX film I feel a bit more chilled like on Bintan Island when I finished the first full book I had read in what felt like a decade.

Bangkok is busy, the traffic is off the rails and the people seem not there usual friendly selves. It is still within the year mourning period of there extremely popular and likeable King. As the city has white and black ribbons and white flowers and shrines everywhere this King was truly a man of the people and extremely popular among the locals and visitors alike.

I have had a great trip to Asia this time around and look forward to a brief visit over the June Long Weekend in coming months, but for now it's almost time to say goodbye and I will post a few more bits n pieces once I am back in sunny old Chippendale, unless the news is right and there is days of rain on the way. Not to worry some more quality TV to catch up on.

Morning folks and happy weekend...

No comments: