Saturday, February 11, 2017

Santa Clarita Diet


When I was waiting patiently in the 40 degree heat for How to Get Away With Murder to air I hopped on Netflix and looked into the new Drew Barrymore series Santa Clarita Diet.

I had only heard a little bit about the series and had a few recommendations, so I went in with an open (although slightly cloudy mind due to the heat) mind.

I was not super disappointed by it's always nice having a 30 minute show on your dance card when you mainly watch one hour long HBO/Showtime dramas.

It's been a while since I have seen Drew Barrymore in a show/film and to be honest the last one I did Miss You Already with one of my favourites Toni Collette. I cried like a baby and in this Horror/Comedy I don't think I'll be crying.

One episode in and I am not 100% sold however I am keen to watch more once some of my regular season shows wrap in a few weeks (How To Get Away with Murder, The Royals and Girlfriends Guide to Divorce).

Yes TV shows are already wrapping for the 2016-2017 season and the Summer (USA) shows and mid season fillers like The Catch (Season 2) are almost here and thank god for Big Little Lies on the way on HBO.

Back to Santa Clarita Diet and I will leave you with the trailer and advice for NSW, Eastern Australians to stay inside, look after your parents and check in on your older relatives. Cool story Scott Morrison taking coal into Parliament House as a prop this week, the week of a huge heatwave effecting the very people (questionable people at that) who voted you back in.





Scott Morrison and your Liberal (are they really liberal? Not really) fools can laugh it up now, but it's 40 degrees in Sydney and you score a massive pension for being a massive fool during question time. Well done mate, I hope your Cronulla Sharks lose every game this year.

No comments: