Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Singapore Gardens by the Bay


Feels like I only just got here but it's time today to head to somewhere I have never been (nor dreamed of going) before, Bintan Island.

It's a little island off Singapore but in Indonesia. It looks amazing and I am sure I will make time to completely chill.

After a day and night of shopping, seeing the Gardens by the Bay it is time for one final buffet breakfast @ the Conrad (lovely hotel btw) and bid a fond farewell to Singapore. I will however be back for a quick stopover on the June Long Weekend.

Oh the June Long Weekend, the only thing in our way is Easter, St Patricks Day, Mardi Gras 2017, a WA election, more madness from Trump and time in shutdown city AKA Sydney.

That is a quick point I wanted to make though, driving (in an Uber) down Orchard Road last night (a Monday night) and seeing a vibrant, cultural city alive and well made me miss the days gone of Sydney's youth.

Sydney has now become a place of over development, poor planning and a premier who fucked the State every which way* (*excludes the Star) and has essentially killed the night life and global city that was once known to some as Sydney. Yes we still have the harbour and the Opera House but fucking hell man, a bridge, some water and a place where the dying subscribers of Opera Australia hang on a Wednesday matinee is not enough for a global village.

Oh Sydney every time I leave you I feel you get less and less glamorous and more and more dull, sorry dear friend but your kind of like so five minutes ago, ciao from Singapore and Bintan Island, Good Morning!

No comments: