Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Box Office Flop or Blockbuster 2020? - Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker


In 2020 I will be asking, Box Office Flop or Blockbuster 2020? For Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker it's an easy one, Box Office Blockbuster.

Now I was late on the Star Wars bandwagon this year, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is the conclusion of the Skywalker saga.


Look, I have loved Star Wars since a child, Return of the Jedi was always my favourite of the three original films. I am not sure my favourite film of the latest trilogy however this film does a nice job of tying up all the loose ends.

Rey, Finn and Ben Solo's love triangle was one of the interesting elements of this film, however I also found myself laughing out loud to C-3P0.

It was a fun way to start New Years Eve seeing this big blockbuster, I am not sure if like in the past I would see it again at the cinema, however it really is the best option at the box office right now. However The Gentlemen is now open, which I was lucky enough to see a little while back.

On Star Wars I did go into this film a little biased after the excellent series The Mandalorian, which as per my review, I strongly urge you to watch.

So Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is 100% worth the price of admission, the film looks amazing, it's huge battle scenes, some familiar faces returning, it's massive.

I was a big fan of this conclusion to the saga, along with The Mandalorian Disney is on a roll. Go see this now, it's this or Jumanji right?

4 Stars.

No comments: