Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Triple J's Hottest 200, 2019


OK, so around one month ago, here was my 101-200, is there something in common with 101 on my countdown and Triple J's? Yes the Billie factor, my strange addiction, I picked it, #101! Even the Warmest Tuna's picked Adrian Eagle and that was with a pile of data!

OK so other than that little guess, the Hottest 200 on Triple J featured a number of my favourite tunes.

From Billie to Tyler, The Creator's great I Think (#104) to Joji's beautiful Sanctuary at #112, there were some solid songs in the list.

It was great to get a double from Allday and The Veronicas at #116 (Restless) and #130 with the beautiful Like a Version of Big Yellow Taxi.

I was happy to see Benee from NZ slay at #126 with Supalonely, following the great Tones & I hit The Kids are Coming at #125.

Finally Northeast Party House made the list (twice) at #128 (Magnify) and #133 (Dominos) both from their album Shelf Life arriving next month!

Thelma Plum and Confidence Man gave us great hits at #137 and #138 in the top half of the second countdown.

Whilst #167 was one of my favourite "rock" songs, On the Luna from Foals.

I thought Location {Feat. Burna Boy} by Dave would have placed higher than #173 considering all the airplay and hype JJJ announcers gave it.

Great to see Lizzo and Missy Elliot's Tempo drop in at #174. What a JAM!

Sadly Charli XCX & Christine and the Queens Gone only made it to #188, it was a tune I voted for so at least it made the list. Unlike Channel Tres :(

So Fidlar's By Myself was my highest ranking song I voted for, coming in at #12.

Here is the full Triple J lists, Top 100, Top 200. Happy reading friends.

No comments: