Thursday, January 2, 2020

#SUMMER-BINGE-FEST - Orange is the New Black, Season Seven (final)


Returning for the post Christmas/2020 leg of Summer is my TV series, #SUMMER-BINGE-FEST. Last year I smashed through some Jessica Jones, Jack Ryan, Bloom, House of Cards and even some Mystery Road. I did also smash through the sixth season of Orange is the New Black. This summer it's time for the final seventh season.



If you are not up to date, well get up to date, it's the seventh and final time around for the women in and outside of Litchfield prison.

Released on July 26, 2019 my mums birthday, I usually leave OITNB until end of year forced leave. Between Wentworth and starting (two episodes in) the Turkish version of Wentworth The Yard on Netflix, one can only handle so much women's prison drama.

Wentworth season seven was outstanding, so after having my mind blown there, it was time for a break from ladies prison dramas.

Orange is the New Black this year concludes with its 91st episode, following seven seasons commencing in 2013. Netflix farewells one of its first ever Netflix Original titles.

With House of Cards gone, OITNB was the last OG Netflix standing, it's also one of the most watched Netflix series since the streaming service launched.

The streaming service always holds viewership figures close to its chest, so how many people have enjoyed this show is really anyone's guess.

So as I write this I am up to episode ten (yes it's been a busy summer season of streaming for me) it's been an interesting ride thus far. With a number of the inmates on the outside, it's made for a more interesting round of origin stories and stories from the outside.

Will I miss this show? Yes, the characters are real, diverse and this years focus on ICE has given it a real spin on America in 2020.

So Orange is the New Black, this is my last post featuring you (unless something major happens between episode ten and the series finale.

More #SUMMER-BINGE-FEST coming soon with the new STAN title, The Gloaming.

I'm also hoping to get off to the movies today, however if you feel like some online shopping today and require a new t-shirt, grab THIS. All profits from the sale of this t-shirt will be donated direct to the Rural Fire Service RFS.

No comments: