Monday, January 13, 2020

#SUMMER-BINGE-FEST - The Boys


Catching up over Summer on a number of 2019 series is always easy when the week to week shows take a wee break. Currently a number of my #RATED shows are on short or longer (Empire, How to Get Away with Murder and 9-1-1) breaks.

I will soon reveal my Summer #RATED list, rating each show I have watched week to week or binge watched over the summer slack period.

With all of The CW shows returning over the next week (Arrow is back Wednesday - Australian time) my schedule will soon be busy again.

So I managed to return to a show which launched on my mother's birthday back in late July, The Boys.

Another superhero series, which was more of an anti superhero series. Think Titans but more graphic and less a bad Robin, but a twisted Aquaman.

Chace Chawford is delicious as the Deep (the fake Aquaman) whilst Erin Moriarty as Starlight is the shining light vs Kiwi Antony Starr's evil Homelander.

The show features heaps of C bombs and extreme violence. Elisabeth Shue is also extremely likeable as an evil corporate type.

This will not be everyone's cup of tea whilst it is definitely an adult's only affair. The Boys is streaming on Amazon Prime. A second season has already been ordered so keep an eye on Amazon Prime for the release date of it's second season.

No comments: