Friday, January 17, 2020

#SUMMER-BINGE-FEST - Unbelievable


It has to be said, I have been smashing a number of series of late and Netflix has been on high rotation this week. First The Crown, now Golden Globe and SAG nominated Unbelievable.



Starring Aussies Toni Collette as Det. Grace Rasmussen and Danielle Macdonald as Amber alongside Nurse Jackie's Merritt Wever as Det. Karen Duvall. The story revolves around Kaitlyn Dever as Marie Adler a victim of sexual abuse based on "An Unbelievable Story of Rape" (2015), a Pulitzer Prize-winning article by T. Christian Miller and Ken Armstrong for ProPublica and The Marshall Project.

Unbelievable is 8 outstanding episodes of television for Netflix, critically acclaimed whilst according to Netflix (they seldomly do this) 32 million subscribers have viewed this series.

Admittedly the series was released around peak US season so I am late to the show. However I think I had all eight episodes done and dusted in 3 days.

Landing on streaming service Netflix on September 13, this show is already a critical hit as well as a much talked about series, you know in the office when someone says, have you seen ..... on Netflix yet? Well this series is one most people in and around my office space had either heard of, or watched.

It's only mid way through the summer binge period, however with a number of shows returning I may have to slow down my current binge speed. Station 19 and the spin off of 9-1-1 starting next week, along with the superhero CW shows also back, I may slow down.

However I will continue to bring you more TV and film reviews as I go.

So if you are free this weekend and the rain that is forecast falls, Unbelievable is totally watchable over the weekend.

Till next time, TGIF...

No comments: