Thursday, November 29, 2012

So the ARIA's are on the Telly! - PART TWO!


PART TWO, here we go:

6. Best Pop Release:

Gotye – Making Mirrors - 3/5 correct guesses thus far and too bad so far for the former Idol stars, I guess the ARIA's are never going to be awarded to reality stars :(
Guy Sebastian – Battle Scars
Jessica Mauboy – Gotcha
Kimbra – Vows
San Cisco – Awkward

7. Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Album:


Buried In Verona – Notorious
DZ Deathrays – Bloodstreams - 4/6 I love these guys they are so cool and deserved it!
Frenzal Rhomb – Smoko at the Pet Food Factory
House Vs Hurricane – Crooked Teeth
Sleepmakeswaves - …and so we destroyed everything

8. Best Children's Album:


Bananas In Pyjamas – Playtime
dirtgirlworld – dirtgirl rocks the planet
Hi-5 – Sing It Loud
Rhys Muldoon – I'm Not Singing
The Wiggles – Surfer Jeff - 5/7 - On a roll now, I have no idea about kids music, but everyone likes the Wiggles right?

9. Best Comedy Release:


Anthony Salame – Is This thing On?
Arj Barker – Joy Harvest
Buddy Goode – Unappropriate - 5/8, damn I went for the Beards, oh well I am no good with comedy releases, although I know good live comedy right?
Sammy J – Skinny Man, Modern World
The Beards – Having A Beard Is The New Not Having A Beard

10. Best Music Video:

I didn't pick this one back in October as it wasn't online however the divine highlight of my evening Missy Higgin's picked up this one for Everyone's Waiting. Good choice ARIA's :)

11. Best International Act:

Didn't pick this also so it was no surprise that One Erection took out the gong.

12.  Best Group:

Boy & Bear – Big Man

Cold Chisel – No Plans
Hilltop Hoods – Drinking From The Sun
The Jezabels – Prisoner
The Temper Trap – The Temper Trap - 5/9, damn you Temper Trap I really thought the Jezabels had this one also in the bag.  I am really just happy that Cold Chisel didn't get their bogan on and win this one.  Oh well even though their second album is nowhere near as good as Conditions the folks still like em.

Oh Ruby Rose put some clothes on before I head into PART THREE, god damn I have boot camp in the AM this thing needs to wind up!

No comments: