Saturday, December 22, 2012

Legally Blonde @ The Star


So I have waited a while to get tickets to one of Sydney's big musicals running @ present, but like all things patience always wins (if only my patience could handle the long wait between Avalanches records) and Legally Blonde is the total real thing.

I was so happy with this show at the 1pm matinee today.  When I think good musicals I think they have to be over the top and super camp or a true Miss Saigon style tragedy.  Legally Blonde is totally camp in every way, the songs, the pink, the male cast and the fab Lucy Durack.

Rob Mills and David Harris are good as her love interests and so nice to see Cameron Daddo back on the scene.  The supporting cast (including "I Will Survive" winner Michael Snell) are all really awesome with great dancing, singing and some nice acting in the campest show around.

This show will do well as it travels around the place as I really do believe with shootings all over the US, dumb fuck radio stations playing ridiculous pranks on people & Tony Abbott appealing to less than 50% of Australia you need a laugh you need some good old pink fun.

So go ahead and get some Christmas/Holiday cheer below:


All I can also say is thank you to Gordon Frost for some good casting too, at least that old c%&t Alan Jones didn't make this musical as for real he ruined Annie for me.  Give me a Daddo any day over that poor old racist closet case.

So to it's star rating, drum roll please it's a big 4.5 truly legal and blonde glitter stars with a sprinkle of pink shit.

Thanks for some early Christmas cheer and a musical actually campier than Priscilla!

No comments: