Thursday, December 20, 2012

@ the Movies 2012 - The Perks of Being a Wallflower


I do love a coming of age film, especially when it's realistic and looks at a lot of different aspects of growing up and those horrid growing pains.  Yes we all had some growing pains, even if you were in that popular group.

So the main cast are really good and the supporting older cast including the always charming Paul Rudd are ace.  Dylan McDermott is also great as the main (Charlie's) dad. 

This is a great pre Christmas film as there is so much crap out there at present, my goodness, I know I am getting old when I look at the current now showing and roll my eyes multiple times.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower also lives in 90's world and does it oh so well, I love the 90's and the indie hits that are featured in this film are so fine.  I had a few moments where I felt tears coming on as Charlie was just such a great character.  I find coming of age movies do such a bad job sometimes and seeing a great drama last night it shows there is still amazing films to be made.

So for it's rating, 4 big wallflower stars, well done.  Now for some Christmas cheer as we head into the final lead up to Christmas:

No comments: