Friday, January 25, 2013

What’s On @ the Movies – This is 40


** Released late last year (2012) in the States.


This film will divide audiences, if you like silly fun and leaving your brain at the door, hello you’ll be pleased as punch, if you like more bite in a film this might not grab you. I was in the first bunch of people, I loved this film, I have liked a lot of Judd Apatow’s work and the team involved in this film is an achievement from Paul Rudd (who is a surprise package in the looks department) to a small spot by the wonderful Melissa McCarthy from
Bridesmaids. Also popping by to say hi Megan Fox, John Lithgow, Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day), Chris O’Dowd & Lena Dunham (Girls fame, side note – how good is Girls Season 2 – You go HBO!).

If you liked Bridesmaids (I know I always reference this film for Comedy Films) you will like this, like me you might even laugh out loud. The reason is the characters are so flawed it’s just so refreshing to see characters who can laugh at their short comings and still smile. The two main daughters are great, Leslie Mann as Rudd’s wife is priceless.

I walked out of this movie straight into a concert and there was no better party starter, so with the long weekend in mind, if you want to blow your friends minds at hottest 100 parities with some one liners, you will find them all here.

I think the movies should be fun and this is loads of it, This is 40 rates a strong language alert 4 stars.

No comments: