Monday, February 10, 2014

So I am like totally loving Girls this season


A year that is well on the way now (how fast is 2014 going???) and the US networks (and our own - last night INXS V Schapelle cray cray!) in full swing of their 2013-2014 TV season and I must say I am less than impressed. Girls is great but Revenge man that shit is on the nose in it's third season, it's so dull and so lame that you would hardly think both shows are in their third year.

Girls is only getting better (and making choice soundtracks) and Revenge just feels like a shit 2014 Melrose Place remake.

The Walking Dead however is also FAB and in it's 4th year. I am so excited to watch the latest episode and True Detective is also finding it's feet. I am also still fond of Shameless although William H Macy kind of needs to leave, he is a bit dull now. No one likes an old drunk loser.

Looking HBO's latest 30 minute gay drama also is one of the worst new shows of the season and if it gets a second series I think it may very well be a miracle. You can't cancel quality shit like Enlightened and get lame gay dramas that are so 2001.

The Following has also packed a mean ass punch with it's opening second season episodes, I am totally all up for it and Arlene from True Blood making an entry was totally ace.

I just wish, wish Australian TV would leave dead reality franchises alone, So You Think You Can Dance was just so bland last night it was no surprise under 500,000 people sat through the rubbish. Biggest Loser is already on the way out and with the 7pm-8:30pm timeslot in this country littered with the Block, MKR and Channel Ten's epic flops it's only a matter of time before The Voice, X Factor all come singing, screaming and dancing back onto our reality driven screens, whilst let's only hope Australia's Got Talent is now well and truly done and dusted.

So there is my TV wrap and don't get me started on the return of Glee. Oh boy that show needs it's sixth season stripped away, I feel bad for Cory but Ryan Murphy seems well over these all singing, all dancing high school drama queens.

Rant, Over x

No comments: