Monday, December 8, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Exodus: Gods and Kings


Please don't laugh dear readers as I was tired after a wedding yesterday and I woke up early to assist at the Santa Fun Run so excuse me for not realising that Exodus: Gods & Kings had a bit too do with Religion.

I just went along for the free air con and Joel Edgerton waxed to the max.

Anyway heres how wonderful it looks:



I for one am not religious but some of the scenes took me (way back) to when I forced into going to Sunday school. I am not sure what happened but one week we just stopped going? No real great loss.

Anyway the film is LONG but moves by at a rapid pace. One minute crocodiles are attacking and the next a mysterious cloud is killing children.

It was a good picture when tired and escaping storms. Come on how fucked up was the storm yesterday afternoon/early evening Sydney? Wow!

So climate change is not true hey? One whole week of storms each and every day, I can never in my 32 (almost 33) years remember this as a start to summer/end to spring.

So yeah I am not into religion but into Joel and Christian's performances and appearance during this film. I have to say I did almost nod off a couple of times due to the cinemas air con set to -40 degrees. Another form of Climate Change for you Andrew Bolt.

But all in all, look it's a blockbuster, it's got some good scenes and some sexy men, three stars.

No comments: