Saturday, December 27, 2014

(Not so at the) Film(s) Freak 2014 - The Interview


On Sunday I posted my Movies of the year and this film made it (without seeing it) as the Most Controversial film of 2014. Last year James Franco's indie film Spring Breakers took out that title. Now comes a film by Sony which was pulled from the release schedule and then released online and shown only at a few select indie cinemas in the US.

The whole Sony Hack thing is going on and on and not only has this film been a big pirate hit this Christmas so has Madonna's Rebel Heart, so it's a long weekend for pirated material.

Now I want say how I got my hands on a copy of this film to give me two cents worth but let's just say I would have seen this movie and paid the admission fee to see it, however it angers me in 2014 that with companies complaining about piracy you don't just have a WORLDWIDE release date. We live in Australia not the middle of bum fuck nowhere. We love movies, music and entertainment.

Releasing films online and only having this available to Americans is always going to have some piracy issues.



Look all in all, there are a lot of fucks and a lot of ass sex jokes. Sometimes I don't know whether James Franco wants ass sex or whether he hates ass sex? It's an age old question to be thinking about on a Christian holiday weekend really.

Look this film isn't all bad but it's not great, there are few laugh out loud moments and it sort of just goes to show this holiday season (Boxing Day Movies - New Years Day films) is a little sub standard.

I want to see Into the Woods but I think Annie is enough of a musical film for a little while and I have already booked Taken 3 for the Open Air Cinema in February so I have little to look forward to film wise.

Sad face.

However I will be changing the title of my film reviews in 2015, so any suggestions drop me a line in the comments.....

Next up aside from the film can I also just say last night in the City (Boxing Day Evening) was magic, the city was alive, pumping and wonderful showing Sydney is a truly amazing city, no tragedy of threat or media beat up will kill peoples spirits.

The Interview I don't like to give a rating to films I don't see in the actual cinema so no ratings here just if you have a spare two hours and you like Franco, maybe give it a crack.

Until next time...

No comments: