Sunday, December 14, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - St. Vincent


I was really taken by this film, St. Vincent was just a perfect pre Christmas way to chill. The acting is sublime and after a bit of a miss withe Exodus: Gods & Kings which I think I was a little easy on by giving it three stars as almost everyone who else has seen the film hated it. And not just disliked it I mean hated it with a passion.

Lucky an advance screening of the wonderful St. Vincent was on this weekend and especially around the announcement of the 72nd Golden Globe awards where St. Vincent collected two nominations and rightfully so.



Bill Murray is beyond perfect, however above and beyond this Melissa McCarthy is terrific as a non outrageous and compassionate mother, Naomi Watts is terrific as a lady of the night and young Jaeden Lieberher was just wonderful.

This is a heartwarming tale and a truly great film, it's nothing flash with special effects, there are no super heroes, no large scale action scenes, this is about people and there relationships. I long for great films like this and St. Vincent is is scrapping in at the tale end of the year for a go on my list of favourite films of 2014. I will publish this very soon and hopefully see a film or two before I post this.

So St. Vincent, not the singer but a truly wonderful movie.



I lift the cinema feeling overjoyed (I even teared up a little) and happy to escape the pre Christmas crowds to a nice cool cinema. This is a perfect little film, 5 Stars. Yeah that's right - 5 stars.

No comments: