Monday, December 1, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Men, Women & Children


What a disturbing film, but in a good and weird way.

Social media is fucked up, and going through high school in 2014, even more fucked up. Juno director, Up in the Air director & writer Jason Reitman returns with his 2014 effort Men, Women & Children.

Adam Sandler does such a great job in a serious role seriously, he is really a shit down and out dude and I think this role was perfect for him. Elsewhere Jennifer Garner is a complete psycho and the rest of the cast is fantastic.



A lot of this film upset me, a lot took me back to high school where kids were cunts but at least I could go home and that was it, now Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, SnapChat, Tinder and more can all follow you 24/7. At school, after school and on weekends. Just horrid.

So Men, Women & Children, I was close to tears, I thought it was an important film for young people to see and not follow what they see on the screen.

Like First Contact recently screened on SBS this could be a good tool for current High School students to see what's really up.

Men, Women & Children, it's the best thing Sandler has done in years (who could forget Blended - it was a bit LOL, but also a bit shit) so I give it 3 Stars.

No comments: