Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Film Freak 2014 - Nightcrawler


What a fantastic film, it's not often I open up a film review (sometimes more an opinion piece) on a film I have taken in. But Nightcrawler and Jake Gyllenhaal are just perfect.



After seeing Gone Girl I was assured no other film would even close to it's brilliance however Nightcrawler came along and I was just beside myself the entire film. No wee break, no boredom, just plain glued to the screen the way I am sure director Dan Gilroy would want for his directorial debut.

He has written/co-writtern a few films and married to the wonderful Rene Russo who I forgot was in the Thor films but is just a standout in this terrific feature.

I am not going to ruin any of the film except say this is a near perfect film.

Everything about what is really a simple idea, turned into a truly wonderful crime/thriller.

If you get some spare time between Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, end of year do's this is a MUST see. Like Gone Girl this is perfect cinema. Yeah I'm doing it, 5 Stars of pure perfection, well done team.

No comments: