Friday, February 19, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016 (Double Feature)


So two movies in a short amount of time could be overkill for one of the worlds most influential people, but the critics and award folks were loving the latest STEVE JOBS film. I took it in the other day and I have to say, the acting was well, amazing.



On the flip side for 90% of the film my dislike for Jobs grew and grew. He was so annoying and his over the top desire for perfection at launches of products were completely off the chain.

Michael Fassbender is a fab actor and Kate Winslet has proven she can do an Aussie film and a big US number all in the one year and shine at both.

I was impressed by this film and had only heard good things, however I am not sure the Australian audiences are paying attention, I had the entire cinema to myself and after a late release after the US release this film is one of those films that comes and goes super fast.

Sad because I am starting to think Australian cinema goers only like the rubbish and avoid the high quality films which at times also act as a slightly educational look at our past and where our future was headed with Jobs.

Look it would have made an amazing stage play and the lack of content makes this film a little long in parts and some of the dialogue is so Aaron Sorkin heavy but overall it works.

Steve Jobs, it's a damn fine drama about product launches and Job's attention to detail, 3.5 Stars.

Next on a totally different note, it's another comedy and this time Rebel Wilson takes a bit more of a back seat.



Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi and all the rest for Rebel Wilson but it's not all her in this tight US comedy.

Dakota Johnson steps out of the sexy red room of Grey for an honest look at relationships in a big city. New York City looks brilliant in this fantastic rom-com. Although it's more com in the first half and rom in the second, although the great cast all has their own takes on relationships and life experiences.

Leslie Mann is brilliant, whilst Damon Wayans, Jr is brilliant in his role. I smiled, I almost cried, I laughed a shit load (and so did the almost packed cinema) and really wanted to shout out on the streets see this fucking movie now!

It's so different seeing a comedy with a reactive audience, Sisters was great and I heard very little laughter, there were scenes in this film where I completely missed lines due to the audience being so into it.

How to Be Single should be a hit in Australia, unlike Steve Jobs (above) you check you're brain at the door, you order popcorn and sit back and giggle to you're hearts content.

I was a little unsure how much I was going to like this film, however leaving I was a huge fan, just brilliant and I can't believe Drew Barrymore was one of the producers, cute.

4.25 Stars, too early in 2016 for 5 star and 4.5 star films, although don't get me wrong this was DAMN GOOD.

No comments: