Monday, February 22, 2016

That Movie Gay #2016


There are times when you sit in a movie and you just get so into it, BROOKLYN is that movie.



Set in 1950, across Ireland and Brooklyn, New York this is a beautiful film, both looking and with it's intent.

A UK, Irish and Canadian co-pro this film was just so sweet and so surprisingly good I was in tears, laughing and gushing all over this beautiful romantic piece.

Saorise Ronan is so heads and tales above Cate B (in Carol) in a romantic role but Brie Larson in Room is still my queen.

I was not 100% sold on this film but after a long weekend of manual labour I was super keen for an easy to watch, well acted film.

The romance and Ronan's growth in Brooklyn is just beautiful and her husband in Brooklyn (Emory Cohen) is just divine. Tragedy strikes and the story returns to Ireland, I won't do anymore spoilers (that the trailer doesn't tell you already) but I will say this is easily one of the best romance stories I have seen in years. Apparently so much so the BBC is doing a spin off TV show.

I was beyond impressed with this brilliant movie, 4 stunning Irish stars.

No comments: